10 Laser Eye Surgery Myths
1. It cannot correct long-sightedness
2. It cannot correct astigmatism
3. It cannot correct the need for reading glasses as you get older – Presbyopia
4. It hurts – it’s pain free!
5. If you blink or move during the procedure it can go wrong
6. It doesn’t last very long and needs redoing
7. If you get a cataract later on in life, you can’t have that done anymore
8. Contact lenses are safer than laser eye surgery
9. Night vision is harmed by laser eye surgery (it can be fixed by laser eye surgery)
10. My prescription is too high to be corrected (98 percent of all prescriptions can be corrected)
So guess what? None of these are true!