Despite the unfortunate escalation of COVID-19 in NSW, we are continuing to provide our patients with essential ophthalmic care during this pandemic.
The Focus Eye Centre will remain open with our specialised Ophthalmic Team running clinics for patients that require ongoing care at both our Double Bay and Kingsford rooms.
We are modifying our work environment in line with directives from the Department of Health and RANZCO.
- We are not seeing ‘high risk’ patients
- We have put in place high-standard hygiene practices for the safety of patients and our staff with extra cleaning of our practice and equipment
- Our clinic numbers are markedly reduced to avoid prolonged waiting times
- The waiting rooms have been altered to comply with ‘social distancing policies’ and we ask that where possible, only the patient enter the clinic, with accompanying persons waiting outside the clinic
- We are offering Telehealth services if appropriate (though this applies to a limited number of ophthalmic conditions)
- Please don’t have anyone accompany you to your appointment unless necessary
- Upon arrival patients and carer will have their temperature checked, be asked to sanitise their hands and wear a mask provided by the centre. If the waiting rooms are full you may also be asked to wait outside or in your car.